To track, monitor & reduce the time to load alumina into a Bogey Tank For Alumina Powder (BTAP).
Alumina is being discharged to 3 hatches of the BTAP using loading spouts under the hopper. Loading process
follows the below sequence of events:
- Placement of BTAP under the alumina discharge spouts
- Opening of the hatches (3 Nos.)
- Placement of loading spouts on the hatches
- Alumina discharge into the Hatches
- Closing of the hatches (3 Nos.)
- Placement of Next BTAP under the spout.
Currently the time estimates are taken based on manual visual inspection of the above events, but most of the data
point is missed due to other intervention. Therefore based on estimates it takes 25 minutes to load a BTAP and the
startup is expected to consider this as a baseline.
The qualified startup is required to track all the time parameters of all the above activities. Startup is expected to
identify opportunities for improvement & provide a predictive solution that leads to reducing the overall time taken
to load the alumina to the BTAP.
Pilot project will entail the end-to-end monitoring 1 Set Discharge spout of Alumina (3 Discharge Spouts) loading into